The Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide angle lens and digital zoom ensure that you’ll always capture the complete picture. Combine that with 24-bit/96k audio captured through a combination of Zoom’s ground-breaking system of interchangeable mic capsules as well as two built-in XLR-TRS inputs, and you have a world of audio options whether you use it with your hi-def video or as a standalone 4-channel audio recorder. Use it to educate and entertain, to create music, or to develop a podcast series, and do it with incredible pro quality. The Q8 comes with it’s own specially designed detachable X/Y microphone, yet it’s compatible with many Zoom microphone capsules. If you already use an H5 or H6, you can swap their capsules with the Q8 too.
From the manufacturer
In the box
- Detachable stereo X/Y microphone capsule
- Foam windscreen
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- USB cable (50 cm)
- Tripod to three-prong action camera mount adapter
- Lens cover
- Lens hood
- Operation manual
The Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
You’ve Never Seen—Or Heard—Anything Like It.
The Q8 is the world’s first high-def camera with interchangeable microphones—the complete solution for anyone who want to augment their video creations with great sound.
It comes with a detachable stereo X/Y microphone and is compatible with other Zoom mic capsules, including shotgun, mid-side, and other X/Y mics developed for the H5 and H6 Handy Recorders. The portable, lightweight Q8 shoots clear, crisp video in a variety of formats, all the way up to 3M HD, and can also be used as a standalone 4-channel audio recorder.
- Shoots 3M HD, HD, and SVGA video, up to 2034 x 1296 pixels, at frame rates up to 60 fps for fast action video and slow motion playback
- High-quality 160° wide angle lens with selectable viewing angles, 4x digital zoom, and image auto-sensing
- Uses a system of interchangeable mic capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Comes with a high quality detachable stereo X/Y microphone
- Dual combo mic/line input connectors with individual gain controls and support for audio recording up to 24-bit/96k
- Fully rotatable full-color touchscreen LCD and USB port, plus HDMI and headphone/line outputs
- Tripod mountable and compatible with all three-prong action camera mounts
- Works best with SanDisk, Transcend, Panasonic, and Toshiba Class 10 SD cards
Run And Gun
The compact size of the Q8 and its compatibility with both tripod mounts and all three-prong action camera mounts means you can take it to remote locations—both indoors and outdoors—and shoot footage from perspectives other cameras simply cannot capture.
The Q8 is the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Use it to educate and entertain, to create your own reality show, or to build a video podcast channel with incredible audio quality.
Bring Your Music To Life
Take your Q8 onstage and mount it to your guitar or mic stand. Position it front row center and use the supplied stereo X/Y microphone to capture the audience experience. Or use your Q8 at the mixing position and record the feed from the board, as well as the sound of the room.
Get creative and go viral! With its support for 3M HD video and 24/96 audio, the Q8 allows you to take your YouTube videos and podcasts to a whole new level of quality and realism.
Make A Statement
The Q8 is great for electronic newsgathering, for conducting interviews, and for creating video blogs and podcasts. Capture video and audio to SD card for later editing with your favorite software, or stream it live; you can even use the Q8 as a web camera or USB microphone.
Spread The Word
The Q8 is the perfect teaching tool, ideal for creating detailed video lessons and demonstrating fingerings, bowings, and other playing skills. Use it to capture student rehearsals so they can review and perfect both form and technique, documenting and enabling their musical growth.