Cheerson specializes in Drone technology providing a wide range of Drones with different capabilities suited for different users. These Drones can be used for commercial filming or leisure purposes. Categories of Drones provided include Aerial Drones, Racing Drones, Toy Drones and Micro Drones.
Cheerson Introduction & History
Founded in 2003, Guangdong Cheerson Hobby Technology Company has over 10 years of experience in development of drones.
They are based in China in the Guangdong province. Cheerson Hobby specialize in the design and manufacture of many kinds of remote-controlled toys, in particular, the Cheerson CX-20 Drone, which is a mid-level GPS drone with Camera Gimbal support for semi-professional aerial video production.
Cheerson CX-20 Drone
- 300 Meter Control Distance / 300 Meter Altitude Ability – 300 meters is a respectable distance and altitude for a quadcopter. Competing models, like the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+, have a 500-700 meter control distance, which is further than the Cheerson CX-20, but you have to take into consideration that the Cheerson CX-20 only costs 1/3 what the DJI Phantom does.
- 15 Minute Flight Time / 2 Hour 2700mah 20C 3c Battery Charging Time – A total of 15 minutes of flight time (according to each battery charge) is right on par with other full size drones, like the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (15 minutes flight time), but in a price comparison, the Cheerson CX-20 is much more affordable and a better “bang for your buck”.Couple this with the fact that the 2700mah 20C 3c battery only takes 2 hours to charge, and you can have all day fun if you’ve got a multi-port charger and multiple batteries to work with.
- 22 MPH Max Flight Speed – 22 MPH is quite fast, especially to the naked eye. The Parrot Bebop flies at about 31 MPH, to give you a comparison regarding drones in the same class as this Cheerson CX-20 we’re reviewing.
- Return To Home Function – Like most full-size quadcopter drones, the Cheerson CX-20 is designed to automatically return to its original take off position through simply pressing a button on the controller. This easily prevents any crashes that could be caused by beginners who don’t know how to land their quadcopter like an expert yet.
- Fixed Position Hover, Altitude Hold, Auto Landing Failsafe – The Cheerson CX-20 has the ability to hover in a fixed position with the flick of a switch, maintain a steady altitude to make video recording easier, and when the battery gets low, it will automatically land, in order to prevent a spent battery crash.
- GoPro Camera Compatible – Hooking a GoPro camera up to the base of the Cheerson CX-20 allows you to capture stunning video and audio files you can upload to the Internet or save on your PC/smartphone. There’s multiple GoPro camera options you can choose from, but there’s not a GoPro camera included in the box, as it’s sold separately.
- Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) – In case your CX-20 goes into a spin, you don’t have to worry about losing control of it. Through the Intelligent Orientation Control system, the CX-20 will always propel itself in the direction you push the controls. This makes it easy to recover from a spin and set the CX-20 straight again.
- LED Light System – Under each arm of the Cheerson CX-20, there’s a powerful LED light that alerts you to which way the quadcopter is pointing. So, in total, there’s 4 bright LED lights to make the CX-20 visible at night and guide your way.
Click Here for the full review