How An Equalizer Is Used
The Planet Audio PEQ15 parametric equalizer is a high-fidelity signal processor/preamplifier that allows you to control the relative levels within the audible frequency spectrum of a stereophonic system. It is intended for use in a car audio system which includes amplifiers in a signal path after the equalizer, and provides front, rear, and subwoofer low level outputs via RCA connectors.
- Front/Rear EQ center frequency ranges: Low (20-70 Hz); Low/Mid (150-400 Hz); Mid (1.5-4 kHz); High (4-20 kHz)
- Sub channel EQ crossover range: 50 – 250Hz
- Equalization range: +/- 18 dB (boost/cut)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz – 50 kHz (+/- 1dB)
- Signal to noise ratio: 110 dB (ref. 1V input)
- THD: 0.005%
- Channel separation: 82 dB (at 1kHz)
- Output impedance: 50k Ohms
- Power supply: 11-15V negative ground
- Output voltage: 7V
- Dimensions: (7.2” W x 3.8” D x 1.3” H)
Front Panel Controls and Key Features
Front Panel Controls And Key Features
- Fader: Use this control to balance the sound level between front and rear speakers as desired.
- Input Select (CD or AUX): This button permits you to select the equalizer input source. The unit features separate rear panel RCA inputs for in dash receiver such as a CD or another source such as a DVD player
- Master Volume Control: Use this to adjust the overall output volume level.
- Subwoofer Crossover Frequency Selector: Use this control to select the highest frequency to be sent to the subwoofer channel. Choose a frequency between 50 Hz and 250 Hz.
- Subwoofer Volume Control: Use the knob to set the volume level for the subwoofer channel.
- Front/Rear Channel Center Frequency Selectors: Use these controls to select the center frequencies for boosting/cutting in the signal provided to the front and rear output channels. Frequency ranges for each control are Low (20-70 Hz); Low/Mid (150-400 Hz); Mid (1.5-4 kHz); High (4-20 kHz)
- Front/Rear Channel Boost/Cut Controls: These knobs will set the desired amount of boost or cut (from -18 to +18 dB) for each of the frequency bands within the signal provided to the rear and front output channels.
Top Panel Controls and Key Features
Top Panel Controls And Key Features
- Subwoofer Channel RCA Outputs
- Front And Rear Channel RCA Outputs
- CD And AUX Channel RCA Inputs
- Power Connections: Please note that the PEQ15 has an automatic turn-on circuit, so that in addition to the (+) and ground connections, it is necessary for you to connect the REM terminal to the REM terminal on your head unit.
- CD And AUX Channel Controls: Use these controls during setup to balance the gain for each of the two input sources.