The Rode NT1A raises the bar for value-priced mics. The NT1A anniversary model is a complete redesign of the now legendary NT1 classic studio microphone. From the new nickel plated body to the state of the art surface mount electronic circuitry, the NT1A will leave you asking ‘how can Rode offer a microphone that sounds this good, for so little money’? The Rode NT1A, winner of the electronic musician 2004 editor’s choice award and the world’s quietest studio condenser microphone. This redesigned version of Rode’s classic NT1 has only 5 dBA of self-noise.
From the manufacturer
- Includes RØDE SM6 shock mount with integrated popshield, 20′ high quality XLR cable, microphone dust cover, and NT1-A Studio Secrets DVD
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00″
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Maximum SPL: 137dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level: 13.7mV
- Sensitivity: -31.9dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 5dB-A
- Power Requirement: Phantom P48, P24
- Weight: 326g
- Dimensions: 190.00mmH x 50.00mmW x 50.00mmD
- Output: 3-pin XLR Output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
Cardioid Condenser Microphone Package
The RØDE NT1-A 1 inch cardioid condenser microphone has become an industry standard; delivering the warmth, extended dynamic range, clarity and high SPL capability typically only featured on some of the world’s most expensive microphones. With a self-noise level of only 5dBA it is widely recognised (along with the NT1) as one the world’s quietest studio microphones. This low noise makes it an ideal for vocal microphone as well as perfect for recording guitars and percussion.
Packaged in the ‘Complete Vocal Recording Solution’, the NT1-A includes everything you need to get a truly professional vocal recording and is ideal for home studio recording. A studio grade pop shield and shock mount is included, along with a premium 20-feet microphone cable, dust cover, and an instructional DVD packed with recording tips. The RØDE NT1-A large diaphragm 1 inch cardioid condenser microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones’ industry leading 10 year warranty.
From its humble beginning in the 1990s, RØDE Microphones has gone from strength to strength on the global stage and has become the go-to microphone for a variety of industries. RØDE employs the latest technology and precision machinery to continue to keep its products at world-class standards and at a great price.
- Large 1” capsule with gold plated diaphragm.
- Cardioid polar pattern.
- Self noise of only 5dB (A).
- Wide dynamic range.
- Ultra low noise, transformerless surface mount circuitry.
- True condenser (externally biased).
- Internal capsule shock mounting.
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone at the website.
NT1-A: The World’s Quietest Studio Condenser Microphone
We’re proud to say that the NT1-A has become an industry standard – providing the warmth, extended dynamic range, clarity and high SPL capability usually only featured by some of the most expensive microphones.