The Samson Expedition XP800 is an all-in-one sound system that offers excellent audio quality with quick and easy setup. Providing 800 watts of power, the XP800 features a lightweight, 8-channel powered mixer and two 8″ speakers. For enhanced portability, the XP800 offers a unique speaker-locking design that allows the system and all its components to be packed up and transported as a single unit weighing just over 40 pounds.
From the manufacturer
Expedition XP800 Specifications:
- Applications: Education, House of Worship, Presentations, Performances, Fitness, Karaoke Jockeys, etc.
- Power: 800W @ 4Ω (400W per channel) Peak, 400W @ 4Ω (200W per channel) Average
- Frequency Response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Speakers: 2 x 8” woofer, 2 x 1” HF driver
- Inputs: XLR, 1 ⁄4” balanced, RCA, 3.5mm stereo, USB Wireless
- Outputs: 1⁄4” Monitor, 1 ⁄4” Sub Out , 1 ⁄4” Speaker
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu (Monitor L/R, Sub Out) @ 10KΩ
- Phantom Power: +15V DC, fixed phantom voltage
- Input Channel EQ (High/Low): 10kHz/100Hz shelving ±15dB
- Speech/Music Switch: 167Hz, 3dB/octave
- Effects: 16 preset, 24-bit DSP
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0, A2DP
- Cables: 2 x 25′ (7.6m), 1/4″ to 1/4″ straight
- Grills: Perforated Steel
- Product Weight: 41.5 lb
Samson Expedition XP800
800-Watt Portable PA All-in-One Sound System
Samson’s Expedition XP800 is an all-in-one sound system that offers excellent audio quality with quick and easy setup. Providing 800 watts of power, the XP800 features a lightweight, 8-channel powered mixer and two 8″ speakers. For enhanced portability, the XP800 offers a unique speaker-locking design that allows the system and all its components to be packed up and transported as a single unit weighing just over 40 pounds.
The XP800 is ideal for education, business and house of worship applications because users with limited PA experience can set it up quickly and efficiently. With Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly stream audio from laptops, tablets and smartphones, the XP800 is also perfect for presentations, parties and karaoke. The XP800 includes a USB Wireless port for integrating Stage XPD USB Digital Wireless Systems (sold separately), now available in handheld, headset and lavalier configurations.
Musicians and more experienced sound operators will benefit from the XP800’s advanced features such as monitor outputs for expanding your signal with active speakers, selectable digital effects and 2-band (Bass and Treble) EQ on all input channels. The inclusion of four mic preamps and multiple stereo connection options optimize the XP800 for band rehearsals and performances.
The XP800’s speaker enclosures feature a tilt-back design so they can be used as stage monitors, as well as 1 3/8″ speaker stands mounts. The mixer section can be removed and mounted on any standard mic stand using Samson’s SMS308 Mixer (sold separately).
Samson Technologies began in 1980 designing wireless microphone systems and today, we are an industry leader in both consumer and professional audio with three notable brands: Samson Audio, Samson Wireless, and Hartke. Over three decades, Samson has grown from a small two-person operation to a worldwide enterprise, dedicated to innovating new products that will enhance the lives of music and broadcast professionals everywhere.
- Ideal for small to medium-sized venues (audiences of 60–100)
- Packs up into a single portable unit that weighs just over 40lb
- Lightweight Class D amplifier produces 2 x 400 watts of stereo power
- Dual 2-way speakers with 8″ woofers and 1″ HF drivers
- Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly stream music
- Removable 8-channel mixer
- Four Mic/Line inputs (XLR and 1/4″) for microphones and line level devices
- Hi-Z input for direct guitar connections
- Two stereo channels with multiple input options (1/4″, 1/8″, RCA) for connecting external devices (MP3 players, keyboards, etc.)
- USB Wireless port for use with Samson’s XPD USB Digital Wireless Systems (sold separately)
- Durable ABS high-impact plastic construction
- 1 3/8″ speaker stand mounts
- Tilt-back design for using speakers as floor monitors
- Two 25″ speaker cables included
Samson’s Expedition XP800 Offers Excellent Audio Quality with Quick & Easy Setup
– 800 watts of power
– Lightweight, 8-channel powered mixer & two 8″ speakers
– Easily packed up and transported as a single unit weighing just over 40 lbs.
Expedition For Everyone
– Ideal for education, business, house of worship, etc.
– Bluetooth connectivity enables wireless streaming
– includes a USB Wireless port for integrating Stage XPD USB Digital Wireless Systems (sold separately)
– Advanced features (monitor outputs, selectable digital effects, 2-band [Bass & Treble] EQ, etc.)
– Four mic preamps
-Multiple stereo connection optionse
– Speaker enclosures feature a tilt-back design (for use as floor monitors) & 1 3/8″ speaker stand mounts
– Mixer can be removed and mounted on any standard mic stand using Samson’s SMS308 Mixer (sold separately)
(Samson Microphone Stands Sold Separately)
Jose Camacho –
Fácil de instalarSonido extra ordinario
Big sound in a small packageBought this to gig with for my duo, have played big and small shows and this has accomadated all venues with barely hitting middle master volume. Would recommend to any solo and duo musicians looking for a compact pa that is a well known brand. This has been my 2nd samson owned and I will buy again. Great buy and sound for the price.
T. Binford –
Nothing special but handyTonally only fair. Bass seems kind of choked off probably due to the low internal volume of the cabinets. Volume also quite limited for the rating. But usable for smaller solo/duo patio or small room gigs. Effects are pretty usable.
Great SoundThe Samson delivers excellent sound. Four stars because I’m not sure it is as powerful as its description. It still kicks butt but I’m doubtful about the 800 watts. The only other thing is minor but storing the cables in the speaker is difficult because if they are not folded in a perfect way the back will not fit into place. I made an adjustment by not storing the power cable in there. Otherwise it was a great purchase.
The Perfect Portable PA SytemJust used the Samson XP800 for the 1st time at my son’s outdoor wedding. I had it turned up about half way(before the service began) and you could hear it crystal clear from 450′ away! Of course, within 75′ it was a little too loud so I turned it down a little. It was perfect for the ceremony with about 150 in attendance. Had a mic on a stand and you could hear every breath the participants were taking. I can’t stand to be at a wedding or event and not hear what anybody is saying! The system is easy to set up and simple to operate. Immediately after the ceremony, I moved it to a 30’x60′ tent for the reception and it was the perfect compliment to the event. I had so many positive comments about how well the music sounded. I had it almost clipping the limit light and you could still stand in front of the speaker and have a conversation with someone. They thought I had put out big bucks(and I did) for the system. It made me look like I knew what I was doing. I am no dummy when it comes to setting up a sound system. I know what sounds good. Now don’t get me wrong, this wouldn’t work for a big crowd of 500 or a big banquet room where big sound is needed. But it did great for what we needed. Being easy to set up and light weight makes it the perfect portable PA system.
Performs well over time and is better than advertisedI have used various models of this over the past 8 years as a boarding school music instructor. I used it Monday thru Friday during the school year and during 7, 6-week summer camps and it always delivered both indoors and outdoors. It can handle well over 150 people at a time. This newest XP800 Model is even better as the Bluetooth has proven to be indispensable, no more dongles for iPhone/iPad music streaming in between sets and during disco/ dancing events. Love the wireless mic- built in- plug system. Stunning product. I will never use anything but Samson. Dan
An excellent, small, PA systemI was tasked with buying a PA system for outdoor services at our church. This has worked the treat! It has great sound, and is easily packed away. It has a storage compartment as well as the mixer. I only wish it came with longer cords. I bought a pair of 50′ cords for the speakers, but the new cords are too big to store in the speaker. That’s okay, though. I have to carry an extension for power, anyway (the included power cord is only 6′), so adding the 2 50′ speaker cables isn’t a concern.
Rebel 2000 –
Very impressedExcellent PA system. Very well designed plenty of inputs and outputs. Plenty of volume.
Daniel Adams –
Awesome systemExcellent system. I was looking for a PA system for my wedding (expecting 30-50 people) and looked at many different brands (Fender, JBL, etc…). I’m not big into the music world so i’ve never heard of Samson but it had good reviews and kept seeming like the one to get. Well I got it and could not be more pleased. It worked flawlessly and sounded awesome. I also bought the Auro D1500 subwoofer and the small chapel sounded like a night club. I streamed the playlist from a tablet via bluetooth from about 30ft away. I’m sure the other brands are good, but I totally recommend this! I got several compliments on the sound.
Luke in Medford –
High QualityConcert coming up July 2 and we are thrilled with what we got.